Skip to main content

The Colour of Love- paul vattikuti

"And now these three remain:faith,hope and love.But the greatest of these is Love.- 1 Corinthians 13:13
It was yet another monotonous start for Alex to start his Monday evening ride ,as he got himself ready to pick up his 8 years old daughter back home. Alex parked the car near the portico of the school and awaited for his sweet little daughter to arrive.Whole day workout was a huge toll on Alex.But his daughter's smile was a remedy for him to be cheerful again.
But this evening was unusual,
Usually he would see his daughter Hannah wear a smile on her face as she would rush to her dad for a hug.This evening seemed exotic to him.Hannah slapped her best friend infront of Alex's eyes and immediately rushed to the car.Alex could hear the banging of the car door which expressed her anger.
Alex drove all the way to home without uttering a word.Hannah was clearly obsessed about something.They came home.
The whole family met at dinner table for supper.Alex asked Hannah ,"What's the matter baby,is everything allright?" The reply from Hannah was a sudden outrage from her ,she complained ,My best friend whom I used to love so much betrayed me ,it was decided that she would be my partner in the annual drama of our school,just because she yearned for the main role,she left me alone,I would have also been enacted for the role but for her I kept my role as it is,I am never going to talk to her,never!!"
Alex kept silent.The other day ,during noon Hannah came to her daddy ,she saw him painting .Alex asked,"are you still on your mind about not talking to your best friend,whom you love?"
She replied,"NO, why should I talk?,its her mistake ,let her confront me first,then I will talk"
Alex rushed inside his bedroom and brought two plain T-shirts,One completely White and one completely Black.He asked Hannah to help him out ,on what to wear for his get together party in the evening.
Hannah preferred white as it symbolises peace.Alex asked ,"What about black?"
To this Hannah told that black would be out of the box for a peaceful get together.
Alex took some colours ,mixed it in his palate and started colouring the white T-shirt.
Now which would you prefer,Alex asked,
This plain white Tshirt which seemed very likely to her some time before now had stains on it,she immediately opted the black one.
Alex asked,"why did you prefer the black one now?"
Hannah told that,"instead of wearing a Tshirt which has stains on it and catching eyes which look in disdain,it would be better to wear black as it would only catch good attention and not exotic comments".
Alex replied to this,"Exactly it is my dear,we all have a plain heart ,in which the colours of love pervade.
The same way which my white Tshirt was.
But as soon as you saw the stain you prefered black.
You and your Friend share a peaceful (white) relationship ,but as soon as the stain (holding back anger,and other bad feelings) was put on it ,you immediately opted black(Hatred,ego) how do you then expect your friend to opt for white and talk to you.
Many times we hold back anger/hatred to us and expect the other person to apologize.
When I started this quest for finding out the colour of love,I came accros many answers ranging from Red (even a 7 year old boy told me this,lol) ,transparent,some even said that love has six colours.I respect all of them.They said because that was their perspective about love ,my perspective about the colour is that ,it should have the colour of FORGIVENESS. The  only way to put away the stain is to wash it means to forgive the people and not to hold back on us.
"It does not matter what's the colour of love untill I put a stain on it " Some put colour of happiness,joy,emotions,etc but they are just nick names of love .Eventhough we crucified Jesus ,God forgave us (he washed away the stain of guilt on us) ..thats all..keep loving..Stay blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa