Skip to main content

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled.
"How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time."
As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church!
Its my responsibility to lead the choir!
When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back!
I resent this behaviour of mine! "
I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh...
I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying.
I ended up sleeping on my couch, when my eyes opened because of the children playing outside I realized it was 6:00 pm.
I got up and looked up seeking help from God.
I took my guitar to make myself comfortable with God's songs .
Wait a second! I did not play in rhythm! Neither did i sound good! This added to my disappointment! How is this possible...When I first encountered God I was so very happy ..all day I used to sing praise to him and I could feel his presence but now am not getting a glimpse of it...
Now I get it...I lost my enjoyment in God..I took him for granted..i started pleasing people and not him!
"Jesus ,make me like before, when I encountered who you are.
I want to do things for you like before with the same enthusiasm I used to do before." I prayed to Jesus.
Just after that my elder brother came and asked me to join the hide and seek game..huh..who plays this game at this age! I uttered to myself.
So I became the seeker and started counting
"1,2,....9,10 am coming now", I said
"heyyyy u did not complete your count ,you skipped!"
"ya ya ok , walls have ears too" so I came looking for everyone. I found my elder brother hiding behind a tank.
"I got u ",I said.
Just then an other boy came and hit me  on my back and I had to give the dine again!
After the count I went searching near the tank, just in case if someone else would have hidden.
To my surprise it was my brother again. But then still after finding few more friends I got bursted. I had to give the dine again. This time I did not look near the tank because I knew no one would be there of course not my brother! I passed by it and I saw someone's shadow near my feet. Again it was my brother.
In all my successive dines I got my brother in the same place. It no more remained interesting to seek him because he hid himself there again and again.
After the play we went home and my brother asked me " did you enjoy seeking me huh?"
"Not at all, ya when the game started the place was unknown to me so it was good finding you but in the successive games you hid in the same place so It no longer remained a mystery"
He said, "yes my brother, you could find me in the place I hid before , you found that joy that excitement in finding me for the first time ,but when I hid myself in the ONLY place it no longer remain a mystery for you and all the fun was gone !
In the same way if you try to find God only once a week that is in the church or in your 20 minutes break and for the whole week you remain isolated from him how could you find the same excitement the same joy?
Seek God in every moment of your life, he speaks to you when the sun shines ,when the morning birds sing,when the rays of sun fall on you, the momentary shadow shows how much he cares for you, the wind that splashed your face gives awareness of his presence "
His words hit my heart like a sword piercing my soul. I then realized what was wrong with me.
"Serving God is less a responsibility and more a privilege" Till today I talk to God in every moment.
He gives me thoughts in which profound mysteries of life are hidden and now its my privilege to unwrap it in my words and show the light to the world that he showed me!
You can find things kept in the same place,
But you cant if you keep it in the ONLY place.
There are many people who say that "i don't find that joy now ,i don't find the same kind of excitement in that particular thing"
Especially with believers when they say "i don't find the same excitement now when i sit for prayer or when i worship, i don't find that enjoyment of going to church which i used to find when i first encountered Jesus!
Or also in human relationships we tend to say that "i don't find that joy in talking to him/her now..we used to talk hours before marriage and now after coming back home from tiresome work i expect him/her to talk with me in the same way he/she used to talk with me before"
But you wont find things if you keep it in the ONLY place.
You wont find God if you seek him ONLY once a week ( Sunday church). You wont find that joy if you search for him ONLY in the 15 minutes of your day while keeping the other time busy!
You wont find joy in talking to your children,spouse,parents if you tend to talk to them ONLY for a while..
Try seeking God in every moment.
"Nothing is too small for God to take care of, or nothing too big for God to tackle"(#Christine caine)
Our God is Omnipresent which means present everywhere.
So lost joy in something you used to enjoy ?
Try seeking it with interest and living it in every moment of your life!
 

Comments

  1. How was your experience after finding out worshipping God is not our responsibility but a privilege for us.?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa