Skip to main content

The Last Piece of Chocolate - paul vattikuti

The Last Piece Of Chocolate


Maria was a cute little girl. She was such a bliss. Her innocence used to speak to other peoples attention.Maria was quite excited about tomorrow as her dad was coming back home after 2 months .The excitement would not let her sleep.She was wondering what her dad must be bringing for her. Maria's dad used to bring something or the other for her sweet little daughter whenever he went out of country for business.The day arrived and the whole family was standing on the portal of the house to welcome Maria's father. There he came out of the car ,here Maria rushed to hug her dad.As usual as ever kid enquires his father /mother, she too questioned up, "what did you bring for me Dad?"Her dad smiled and went inside the house carrying Maria .As the family set back to have supper ,Maria was awaiting for the gift that his dad brought for her. They had casual talks about the trip and all was over .Maria's dad got up and brought a bag . A beautiful box wrapped in glitter paper greeted everyone's eyes.This is for you my little daughter,these are small chocolates and you have to share it with everyone.Maria nodded her head and took hold of the chocolates.Well,what does a kid want more! Chocolate box !
She opened the gift and found the chocolates .She sat on her bed as she was eating.She invited her friends to join, because her dad had commanded her.Maria became a little uncomfortable sharing her chocolates with her friends.Her dad went to her room and gave a  blush and stretched out his right hand towards her. Maria immediately refrained from giving the chocolates to her father as some kids are not willing to share.Her dad went to the living room and starting reading the news paper  Maria now started Lieing to her friends that she is not home and use to eat the chocolates alone.Everyday her dad used to come,strech out his hand and Maria wont offer him anything.One day when the last piece of chocolate was remaining, Maria felt bad about being so selfish and so rude to everyone.Her dad came as usual and strecthed out his hand .Maria realized what she had done.she hadn't given a single piece to her dad. Guilt all over her face was making her feel low as she was giving out the Last! Piece to her dad. Her dad took hold of the chocolate box and put the chocolate inside the box , kept it over the table ,took hold of Maria and felt on top of the world as he lifted his daughter up In his arms.
Her dad said ," My dear ,I never wished to have your chocolates, I just wanted you to be in my arms,that's what I wished for .Remember the last time I took you in my arms since I gave you the chocolates,you forgot me" Maria felt so down and started to wail. Her dad said," dont cry my daughter,I still Love you"
Many times it happens to us that when we love God , he blesses us with some gifts and talents. But we make the gifts our first love rather than loving God who gave us the gift. If Maria's dad wanted then he would have snatched out the box from her hand and would easily take her in her arms without her wish! But no! He gave Maria the freedom to choose what she loved the most.The same way , God can take all your difficulties from your life because he is powerful enough to do so, but he has given you the freedom of choice.Choice to keep yourself in solitude or trust him. So stop clinging on to the precepts of the world and make use of your talents for God and then see what God does in your life. God is waiting for you .He is waiting out there that when you will leave living the selfish life and start serving him. Even if you feel guilty afterwards because you did not obey God, he will say ," I still love you" and will take you in his arms.
#Stay blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa