Skip to main content

The Ordained Flowers - paul vattikuti

It was the first day of college for Candace, as she took a long deep breath before stepping inside the college campus. It was for the first time that she was introduced to the latest trends of the modern world . Boys with cool goggles and lusty rides were eye catching phenomenon for her. She was influenced by the environment, but something inside her heart was something hidden . She felt all alone as she had no friend to communicate or share things. She started living in solitude.
(After few days)
It was yet another morning for Candace as she stepped out from the hostel and came to the lockeroom of her college to take some things. She was surprised to see a rose inside her locker. She had a look at her sides just wanting to hide it from everyone. She then took the rose and pondered on the same thought that who must have kept it. The other day when she opened  her locker, there was yet another rose waiting for her to confer it. Candace blushed and took the rose. Now this was being something really common for her. She knew by this time that there was a silent lover seeking her attention. Days went by and the roses kept on satiating Candace's flower pot and her mind. All of a sudden,it stopped. She did not receive any roses from her silent lover. She got depressed and again started living in solitude . All it was her silent tears which used to speak up .She used to check every corner of her locker in hope that she would find one rose but to no avail. Days after it, once when she checked the locker and went back on her way she found a boy waiting at the steps. The boy said," I am the one who used to give you roses, take these roses which I have brought for you." Candace felt on top of the world as she knew now who had been the one who used to like her. But everything went down the terrain when she realized that the boy had not been giving the roses from few days. She thought that he must be playing with her emotions all these days . She immediately rejected the roses that he was offering and starting leaving his presence. There the boy took hold of her hand and said,"though my words rhymed ,it never became a pleasant song for your ears".
He added," though I kept on giving you hints and suprises of my love ,you never acknowledged my love,  just because few days I wasn't able to give you roses , you felt that I stopped loving you ? Just few deserted days fell short infront of the beautiful moments that you cherished, look back and see what you have today , a bunch of roses that you collected and some deserted days of sorrows.In whom would you find delight?"
Candace immediately realized that she had a misconception about the boy. Everything got sort out and it was good. Candace asked the boy that how did he manage to keep a rose every day in her locker as the locker was locked everyday by her. The boy laughed at this, and said No, you dint lock it everyday. When I first saw you, I fell for you. I came up with this idea of giving you roses. Once when you kept your locker open I kept a rose inside it .The successive days were a bliss for you ,as you realised that someone's loving you.In the curiosity to take out the rose from the locker you used to forget to lock the door. You were living one of your beautiful moments of life so unknowingly you kept your door unlocked as nothing else bothered you after you took the rose. Locking the door was far yet. I had to go out of the town for two days for some urgent work . In these two days I dint keep a rose for you. But when I came back I brought ten times more roses for you. But when I came to keep the roses, you had locked the door in assumption that I must have played a prank with you. The doors remained closed for the next days too . That is why I wasn't able to keep the roses .
Many times it happens with us too that whenever we share a good loving and true relation with God, he keeps on blessing us. And in that joy we keep the doors of our heart open to allow his blessings to flow. But when his blessings stop coming  , we say so easily that God has forsaken me but that is the time we have to trust him.We tend to forget so easily the miracles he did before for us and so some deserted days days fall short in front of the marvellous days which he has shown us. God is waiting for you with thousand times more blessings and love for you but then he finds the door of your heart closed. And we sit back and mourn. Open the doors of your heart.
When I was writing this story , God talked to me in two differnt ways. The first as mentioned above and the second is that we humans tend to find things inside the box. We say hey look , he's got good intelligence in his locker, look she is so lucky to have her love, look he is so handsome ..surely charm is in his locker box. Then when we look at our own locker we find lonliness, bitterness,pain, no love inside it. And we close our doors forever and be distant from God. But no..When I asked God that why isn't your blessings  inside my locker box , he said that my locker box isn't sufficient to hold my blessings. We are looking for the right things in the wrong place . We are looking for love in our ego in our self . But God is telling you that come out of that box .Wait upon me and not upon any human. God has a better and bigger box for you.
Stop expecting things to come from your small locker box and wait upon the Lord.
#Stay Blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa