Skip to main content

A Drop Of Rain- paul vattikuti

Sam was very excited about his cricket match and there was a smile on his face as he set his alarm to get up in the morning early. Sam was a young teenager , he prayed to God every night before going to sleep. But this night's prayer was unusual. He desperately yearned to God for the weather conditions to be clear.
The Next morning, all his joy and excitement came to a stand still. The outside conditions were overcast with dark clouds and it was drizzling. He waited for the weather to  get clear. He desperately started praying to God for clearing the dark clouds. " "God ,you are able to do everything,please do one favour for me and clear the dark clouds" ,Sam uttered.
All of a sudden it started raining heavily. Sam raged in anger and threw his bat aside. With all the disappointment on his face he shouted out to God ," why did you do this to me, why, even though I prayed many times you did not answer" .
Sam's dad came to him after hearing the noise. What happened my dear child? ,his dad enquired.
"I wanted to play, today is my important match ,I prayed to God but he did not do what I said!" Sam answered.
His dad said,"it isn't this way Sam,he loves you more than you think he does,his plans are always perfect"
"No!" Sam exclaimed,"GOD DOES NOT EXIST, HE IS DEAD , its not just today,he always does exactly opposite to what I demand, I don't see him anywhere ,HOW CAN I EVEN PRAY TO SOMEONE ,WHOM I CANT EVEN SEE!" His dad smiled and said , "Sam ,do me one favour"
Sam agreed and said ,"Yes dad say what you want me to do, I will obey you,at least I see you"
His dad said,"Sam go outside and stand in the rain ,and after that try to catch a DROP OF RAIN in your palm, if you are able to do so ,let me know"
Sam was perplexed upon what his dad just said to do ,still for him he went out and did so.
"Did you catch one?" His dad questioned.
"Yes,I suppose" Sam answered.
"Show me then", his dad demanded.
Sam slowly and steadily opened his wrist and he found nothing inside.
"How can that be possible!, yes it was a shot in the dark but I got the feeling as if I got the drop of rain"
His dad smiled and said, " Sam, what do you see outside? Everything is normal ,isn't it? Just you hear the sound of the rain drops , do you even see the rain drops ? No you don't ! Look there at the ground the water splashes on the ground and then you see it, JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T SEE THE RAIN DROPS ,YOU CAN'T  DENY IT'S EXISTENCE. Just because you can't see God ,you cant deny his existence! Look your hands are different now, its wet now, isn't it, then how can you deny the existence of the raindrop. The rain drop splashed on your palm the time you tried to catch it. You can't Hold God neither can you demand of him . His presence makes you feel good. TRY and catch the sun rays ,you cant catch it, you cant contain it still you receive its heat that makes you believe the  sun exists. God is all around you, his thoughts are higher than your thoughts. GOD IS NOT DEAD".
It's new year , as I look back I found many circumstances in which I doubted God, I doubted his ways ,his plans,and even his existence. But every instance increased my faith for God. My love increased. Just because I tried and opened my wrist and i dint find My ways ,Neither I perceived God , but in all I felt his presence and was glad to see that. Look your hands are wet now and clean. God is with you .
"JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T SEE GOD ,YOU CAN'T DENY HIS EXISTENCE "
#Stay blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa