Skip to main content

тнє вσχ- paul vattikuti

Peter went into the storeroom of his house inorder to search for his toy car which he had dumped it somewhere. He went searching everyroom and searched every corner ,he leaned accrosed every bed but to no avail. He went to the storeroom,hoping he may find it. It was dark inside the room. He hovered his hands on things and started sensing things. Just then he found something. He thought he found his car . Peter immediately came downstairs just to find he was holding a old box. He questioned that what would be in the box. It had a lock on it. He went to his grandfather to ask him about the box. His grandfather stood in amazement as he saw peter holding the box.
"where did you find it peter?" ,grandpa questioned.
"I found it in the store room, do you know what is inside and whose it is?" ,peter said.
His grandpa told that it was his box. He said," When I was of your age my parents gifted me this box . It was just like a vault to keep my possession in it. I was very happy as I could store some of my important things in it. It was very attractive and eye catching. First I thought to keep my locket in it . I kept it. After some time I gave a second thought that my most expensive toy deserves a vault to be kept in. So I removed the locket and kept my toy in it. After few days it began to botther me. The fact that I had many other things to be kept in the box and not just a single one. The whole month I kept thinking and it would dread me and would take away my peace. I thought someone would rob my everything but wouldn't be able to rob my toy. I was concerned about my other things too.
"So what did you keep in this ,grandpa?",peter asked .
"You yourself see it", grandpa replied. 
He went into his room and brought a rusty looking key and unlocked the box.
Peter was excited to see whats inside the box as he slowly leaned forward to see it. To his surprise he found nothing inside the box.
"Its Empty,grandpa!" ,peter exclaimed.
Grandpa replied ,"No my son, there is something in it ,and that is PEACE".
many times it happens to us too that we tend to store our best of our things with us so that it can be safe with us. Rather than being satisfied we feel disturbed that our other belongings are not secured. In this process we loose our peace from our hearts. Remember you cant store anything permanently.so its better to give everything, whether its your priority,loved ones ,possession into God's care . And then you will find the biggest security of peace which no one can take away. So take off everything you bother about from your mind and submit to God. Remember the box is not Empty!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa