Skip to main content

The Dark Moon- paul vattikuti

All this monotony is tiresome; no one can bear to describe it: The eye is never satisfied with seeing, nor is the ear ever content with hearing.
Ecclesiastes 1:8
Once a upon a time, there lived a girl named Diana far among the woods with her family .Her attributes towards her family wasn't well constructed as she was restricted to do certain tasks . She felt cursed being born in a family like such..but she didn't see the motive of her parents was only to keep her safe.. Her parents were fun loving persons..when she was 7 her dad used to take her up on his back and used to venture out in the woods roaming around. Still with so much concern shown to her she felt being treated inferior as compared to her younger brother. Whenever she used to get irritated or felt to cry she would rush to the balcony and used to see the Bright glittering moon over the horizon which appeared to be big !  She used to look at it for hours and used to talk with it  . As she grew up she kept on doing the same and made the moon her companion rather than seeking God's will for her. From her first break up of her young age to grudging against the family ,she kept  coming to the balcony and used to talk to the moon .
(After a span of few years...)
It was Autumn and Diana was 25 years old. She was very happy as she married the love of her Life. She started hoping that things now would turn out to be right. The first few days of her marriage went well untill misunderstanding knocked Diana's Door! She doubted her husband and without giving a second thought she concluded that he was having an affair with someone else and she immediately called for a divorce. She did not give her husband a chance to clarify his statement. She was heart broken.
Diana's parents decided to keep a small get together hoping things would turn out to be well after this. At night the whole family including Diana's in laws came to dine.
Everything went fine until the divorce topic sneaked everyone's attention.
Diana immediately got up from her seat and went to the balcony heart broken expecting that  the moon would fade away the darkness from her life with its light. As she was staring at the moon tears came rolling down her cheecks. Her uncle came to the balcony to console her. Her uncle could see the light of the moon sparkling inside Diana's tears. She started thinking about her family and her husband whom she felt had forsaken her. Knowing her uncle's presence over there she said," uncle, do you know when ever I get sad ,I come over here and look at the moon. I talk to the moon for hours and the moon would patiently hear my word. I have been doing so from past many many years and now I know the moon very well than anyone on this planet would know. I have seen its every corner though it doesn't posses any! I have seen it grow big and have seen it fade in darkness and I know the moon knows me well too as I know it well . I wish everyone in my family would be like the moon."
Diana's uncle stepped forward and brushed his hands on Diana's hair and said," My dear, do you know that THE MOON HAS BEEN FOOLING YOU UNTIL NOW!".
Diana got amazed by what he said and said that she has been watching the moon from so many years how could the moon fool her. She asked for clarification. Her uncle said," My dear untill now no one has seen the other side of the moon! ,in fact no one can see the other side of the moon from earth because the moon rotates with the earth so it becomes impossible to see the other side of the moon...all these years you have been only looking one side ..you don't know how much darkness keeps it self  hidden on the other side..Diana , in the same way you have been looking at your parents and family members . You have only seen the strict side which is visible to your eyes but did not see the concern behind the strictness. Do you know that when your mom brought cake for you on your birthday, she always wanted to eat the last piece left over, yet she behaved as if she was full and kept her feelings buried inside. Do you remember when your dad used to carry you to the woods? Did he ever refrain from holding you instead of the back pain he had in his back.No he never did...all these years you have been looking one side of your parents ..try and see the other side with your soul..the sorrow which they have been burying all these years. Did you give your husband a chance to speak over his defense. How can you be so sure about his affair? You who were unaware of the fact that you did not see the other side of the moon even though you were watching it from so many years how can you be sure of your husband whom you have known hardly 3 years. "
Diana understood that she was wrong. She shouldn't have been so judgmental about her family .So know if you are expecting me to write"they lived happily ever after", then no! Everything does not get well in just a moment ...after her uncles word Diana realized her mistake but still sometimes she failed to see the concern of her family because she was a human but the thing that had change was that now she at least started finding the concern behind the anger of her parents and beloved once.
No matter if you know the fact of the moon ( which is 100% true fact that we cant see the other side being on earth except in a image)
"It does not matter whether they know or don't know because people who don't know are away from the truth and the people who know it don't recognize it"
Friends, have you been on the side as of Diana. Well we all fail to comprehend the concern and love disguised behind the anger of our parents and of God.
God disciplines whom he accepts as a son/daughter .So try to see the other side of your beloved once.
Thank you.
Stay blessed  😃

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa