Skip to main content

THE MUSIC OF SOUND.....

Jack was among the youngest of all his brothers. They were five in total including jack. The fact that he was the youngest among all made him feel a little insecure about his position or worth in his dad’s life. He would think that his dad would only love his first born and the rest of others but not him. But everyone was equally important for his dad. He loved everyone.
Once he questioned his dad.
Daddy, there are so many people on this earth and we all are children of God . So how come God is able to love everybody?”
Now his dad knew it was jack's insecurity indirectly speaking.
His dad took out some coins from his pocket and gave it to jack. He told him to pick it up one by one and try to produce sound from it by hitting it on any surface. Jack did so but the sound was just as if someone had knocked on the table. He did so repeatedly with all the coins one by one but still the sound was low and amateur.   His dad then gave him all the coins and told him to shake it in his palm. And then it made some sound which was good to hear. His dad told” when I told you to make sound from a single coin it did but it was not that pleasant to hear but when all the coins came together it was good to hear. Look all these coins are equal. They are of the same shape. It was you who tried to differentiate .My son, it is not the sound that matters because everything can make sound individually but it is the music which comes with it when all the people who come under one roof worship him to make music. There are many sounds which are not musical. Yet when we accompany them with another sound we produce music.

WE all live with insecurity in our lives. Sometimes when we need to share a special person in our life or when we need to give them freedom, we are not comfortable sharing that person. We tend to think that only we can love that person well enough.
A mother would feel insecure to share her loving child with a girl who has just entered his son’s life or vice versa. A sister would feel insecure to allow the babysitters to take care of her younger brother while she thinks she was taking the best care.
OR ELSE, WE THINK THAT ONLY WE ARE SERVING GOD WITH OUR TALENTS FRUITFULLY AND WHEN ANOTHER PERSON COMES IN YOUR CHURCH AND DOES BETTER THAN YOU WE TEND TO GET INSECURE OF OUR POSITION AND BE JEALOUS.
But friends, if we serve God only by our talents and don’t allow others to take part in it, we would be like jack trying to make sound from a single coin by banging it against a surface and in turn would get a dull low sound but when we all come together in ONE name and serve the Lord WITH ALL OUR HEART WITH ALL OUR MIND AND WITH ALL OUR STRENGTH we would produce music as jack did when he shook the coins in the palm of his hand and produced that jingling sound which was good to hear.
So it is the music of sound that matters. So if you are insecure about anyone, pray to GOD and then meditate on the fact that if someone is doing good for that person ,you shouldn’t obstruct it but mingle with them to make MUSIC.

GOD BLESS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa