Skip to main content

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical!
I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding."

It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do.
I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  .
My tears dried up .They wouldn’t come out anymore because I knew there was no one to comfort me.
Just then when I thought I was isolated there was someone who was hearing my sobbing and mourning. It was my dad. After all, I was his princess.
One fine morning he came to me and asked me to accompany him to the river. I know all I did to him was wrong ,I used to blow up for silly reasons. I thought this would atone for my mistakes.So I got up and went with him.We didn't talk much but just had a few exchange of words.And there after 15 minutes of walk, we were there at the river.I stood there with my arms folded and saw the river flowing.
My dad broke the silence and said to me,”Kacie,I don’t know what's wrong with you but can I ask you one thing?”
Yes dad, I replied
“Do you know what happens when someone breaks our heart?”
Kacie- it hurts a lot dad!
Dad- But the heart pumps the blood that’s it ...There is no emotion related to the heart.We store our emotions in our brain and we use the word”heart” simply as an expression.
Kacie- yeah ,you got a point.
Dad- hey Kacie ,do you see this river? Of course, you do! Do you know what's the difference between a pond and a river?
Kacie- yes dad ,a pond holds water in it but a river has flowing water.
Dad- you are right because the pond holds the same water for a long time and it becomes dirty because algae covers the surface of the water.And very soon the pond becomes too dirty for you to see your reflection.But because the river flows it never stops no matter what people throw at it.It goe
s on flowing and at some point, it deposits all its waste on the sides of the river and that’s why you can see your reflection because it flows.
my dear,imagine that if your heart stops beating ,it won't send blood to the brain,hands and other organs of the body.the blood won't circulate and eventually your organs will stop working.your mind will get dirty as the things which people throw in it will stay and then you will not be able to identify yourself .All I want to say is let go.Keep your heart pounding by the thrills of life.Give your life to GOD .Let it beat for him.He won't disappoint you.And as you will let your heart flow like a river you will see yourself again in Christ.Whatever people say accept it and keep going ,Someday it will get out of the river by itself.
Keep your heart pounding.
 Suddenly everything became magical!
I could hear my heart beating even in the cold of adversaries where my heart should have stopped beating. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding.
And after that conversation, my life changed.I had to let go of my past and find my identity in Christ. I had to forgive people because the more you store the more filthy it becomes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa