Skip to main content

The Shade Of Stagnant Growth

"I am not telling you to change your choices, I am telling you to change your preferences"

Peter rushed back in the corridor of the school.He looked furious than never before." this time Chris won't escape my hands.I won't forgive him today!  ", peter murmured.
No sooner did he take a turn in a hurry, he saw Chris sitting on the parapet of the balcony.The balcony was in renovation and the grill was yet to be fitted.Peter was up in arms and did not give a second thought to Chris's position and ran towards him to take hold of him and punch him.He started building pace and because vengeance had blindfolded him, he couldn't sense anything else.His teacher came in his way and peter just managed to pull himself back.
"hey hey! slow down kid..whats the matter ?why are you in such a hurry!" his teacher exclaimed.
"nothing Ma'am, sorry, I am in pursuit of someone," said peter.
"Peter, I can clearly see the discomfort on your face.Tell me what's the matter  "
looking at the concern his madam had for him he said
"Ma'am, I have been tolerating Chris's behaviour from a long time since this semester started.I have been ignoring all the acts that he does to embarrass me in front of the class.i have been quiet .But not today.he has crossed all limits.I did not take any action cause his acts did not involve my studies.But this time he destroyed my assignment.  I know he spilled the water on my assignment purposely.I am not going to leave him now"
As he finished speaking to his teacher he immediately ran towards Chris.But he did not find him.chris had left.Peter saw him going in the bus.
Peter got frustrated but kept Chris in mind.He decided to avenge him another day.He left the scene unhappy.
His teacher was standing right behind him and felt sorry for peter and for Chris too.She wasn't able to digest the fact that Chris would do something so severe.
Just before the school got over she went to peter to have a word with him.
She gave him a plant in a pot and told peter to keep it in a shade and water it every day and observe its behaviour as a part of a science project.Peter agreed to it.
The other day peter went looking for Chris in the school premises but did not find him.He kept watering the plant every day.He searched for Chris for a month every time he used to enter the school but to no avail.
He came to know that Chris had not attended the school from past one month.
One morning he went to water the plant that his teacher had given him.He found out that the plant had died! He immediately went to his teacher's house with the plant and showed her the dead plant.
"Hows it possible !",peter exclaimed,"I watered it every day.How did the plant die?No this is not possible"
his teacher held his hand and invited him to her house.She made coffee for both of them and they started discussing about the plant.
peter searched online about the plant that his teacher had given her.
His teacher asked peter the reason behind the plant's death.
peter said "because I kept it in the shade, and this species of plant cannot survive without enough light"
his teacher asked "Peter, do you know the real reason why it died?
it died not because you gave something that was necessary, but because you kept back something it needed" she added,
"water was necessary.In fact, it is necessary but sunlight too was needed.I know your anger against Chris is still not quenched.That day when you were searching for him, he got a phone call from the office.He was informed about his mother's death in an accident.He was broken from inside.He was shocked! that is why he went to the balcony to commit suicide and give up his life.I grasped him and made him sit down with me and then he cried like never before.Just think, what if that day you would have shouted him and insulted him or made him feel lonely.He would have changed his mind again to end his life.As watering the plant was necessary, so was your justice, your anger was legitimate but the situation demanded consolation.
Peter left after the talk and he was feeling guilty.The other day Chris came to school and as soon as he saw peter he hugged him and offered him a notebook in which he wrote the assignments for him. Chris said"I am sorry peter but I did not spill water on your book intentionally, I got a call from the office and I feared it because I don't usually get those phone calls in school, so I was in a hurry.Anyways here's the copy for you"
Peter could not believe this.He hugged him back one more time and cried bitterly.
Friends, I am not telling you to change your Choices.Being angry at someone because he /she has hurt you is suitable.You are always given that choice to be angry and burst out.But instead, I am telling you to change your preferences for that particular moment.Instead of getting mad, look at the situation with another perspective and try to find out what's bothering them.Sometimes we are concerned for our loved ones.right?as a mother is concerned for her child as a wife is concerned for her husband or husband for her wife.But sometimes we become possessive about watering the plant so much that we forget that the plant needs light too, and there our love remains stagnant in the shade of our choices.
your choice, to be concerned for them is good, but your preferences will tell you what they need.
"I am not telling you to change your choices, I am telling you to change your Preferences "
stay blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Omnipresent God

It was Sunday morning as I paced up through the corridor of my house ,holding my guitar and trying to keep my untied shoe lace from getting tangled. "How come I got up late! Why did I consent the nap to have my time." As I walked through the road, I started pondering on my behaviour. I mean how could I...its not about today...but from past few Sundays am allowing my sleep to have extra time and I end up being late at the church! Its my responsibility to lead the choir! When the pastor preaches the sermon ,I get distracted and start wandering in my thoughts and I don't even bother to shift my attention back! I resent this behaviour of mine! " I came from the church not as happy and satisfied as I would come back when I started knowing God deeply! I was going through a lot..i don't know what was wrong with me ! Was I missing someone? Huh... I started worrying when a drop of tear filled my eyes . And the fact is I did not know why was I crying. I ended up

MY POUNDING HEART

"It was magical! I could hear it beating, even in the cold. What was it that was stopping me from falling into the depths of death. My heart was still pounding." It was a mess! A total mess! if anything was too difficult to figure out definitely it would be my life. I was lost completely. After my breakup, I completely lost myself. It was my 2nd breakup this year.How could I be so wrong in making decisions? I had no sense of what I was doing. Mood certainly affects behaviour. I did not talk to my parents properly. I used to get angry at dad for silly reasons. I was becoming an introvert day by day.I did not know what to do. I started hating all the people around me. I blamed the people who had done this to me. I couldn’t trust anyone because all I was carrying was hatred. I used to speak less , sleep more, eat more junk foods and eventually would fall ill. No one saw what I had gone through , all that people could see is my change in behaviour  . My tears dried

The Melancholy in Her Smile

"The Joy which your arduous efforts yield, far outweighs the weight of the affliction you carried" "How well she knows me, ha ha," we both chuckled. It was yet another Friday night for me, suddenly I felt compelled to call my best friend ruth who was out of station for her studies. we have had a special bonding knowing each other all these years. we used to text each other every day and voice calling was sporadic. everything was unusual about that night. I had my exams the next day and I was busy searching her name on the contact list. "Hello" , I said to spark a conversation. she responded by saying "hi" in a hushed tone. seeking an answer to the unusuality I just encountered I asked her whether everything was alright or not. Assuringly she said yes.everything is fine. still unappeased I asked her about her health. She seemed to be whooping throughout the conversation. she kept on assuring me again and again. "hey wa